– Any company with more than 250 employees will have to publish its mean and median gender pay gap, or, if there isn’t one, state that there is no gap.
– On 30 April 2017, employers should take a snapshot of their workforce earnings and use this data to calculate the gap.- This data should then be published on the employer’s website with a statement stating the data is accurate.
– Any bonuses paid to employees should also be calculated for a gap but this should draw from data over the last 12 months not just 30 April.
– The number of male and female employees who receive a bonus should also be published.
– Employers will also have to divide their pay distribution into four bands and work out the number of men and women in each band.